Is Watching Anime a Sin?

 A teenager once asked, "Is anime a sin? 'Cause I'm trying to love God more. I know war is a sin, but what if you're going for the good guys. Or what if it's just a regular anime?"


Here's my point. Literally, watching anime is not a sin. Yeah, right. In fact, I'm writing a book about it wherein I discuss the matter more specifically. Watching anime is just like you're watching an indie film, or Discovery Channel, wherein you acquire some information and at the same time you are being entertained. If I'm going to directly answer the question "Is watching anime a sin?" then the answer is no. However, there are many things to consider when it comes to anime. There are several "but's" about this matter. In a more literal sense, anime itself is not a sin but the way you handle your emotion while watching anime is another thing. That is just one of the many cases. Because there are many.

watch anime

People, especially teenagers, who are hooked up with Japanese animation consider this merely as a form of entertainment. I do not argue about that anyway, since it's the fact. However, everyone must consider that if watching anime replaces your responsibilities and quiet time with God, then you are totally guilty in the eyes of the LORD. Watching anime becomes a sin when you spend time on it more than you spend time with God. Uh-oh. I don't want to sound like a preacher here, but, I have to include a verse that supports my claim.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Significance of Samsung HDTV Reviews

Where to Buy Legal Medical Marijuana - A Guide to Dispensaries and Clinics